Exhibiton theme: Death
I had the fantastic opportunity to view the space for exhibition - sure it's not a major thing like the Tate but I feel I've at least accomplished something.
Below are images of the actual museum tour where we will get the chance to out up piece of our work - providing it doesn't interfere too much with the artifacts of the museum!
I am excited about this - I really want to create another Art Book to go in the actual museum. I have been looking through my previous Art Book that I did for my final University exhibition and getting some ideas of how I can create a transcendent kind of sense with the images and writing I include.
I have been thinking of creating almost a timeline of memories but also as if it is just fragments of lives of the people who lived and worked in the building.
It really is a fascinating place - if small! - that was full of so much life as well as death. And this I really want to capture in the work I submit for exhibition.
A few weeks until I have to write a proposal!!! >.< should have done it by now really although I already submitted a small vague idea.
I know it will be a book and a projection piece (essentially I need a wall and a table!!!).
The below image is of the current work that is being exhibited! Very beautiful close-up images of spaces around the building shown on light boxes. This piece also has a sound part to it that can be heard through headphones near by. It sounded like a type of poem to me which got me more excited about creating a poetic piece - something using delicateness and a fragility of the concept of Death.
I am possibly considering of creating a kind of documentation of the lives lived there through the Art Book and having a more melancholy piece for the projection that shows the transcendence of Death and the imprint that can remain (sort of looking at it as a cycle that is constantly repeated and renewed). Just spit balling ideas really. :)
''Memory and Future (Dante's Destruction)' (2014) https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.328327040655176.1073741846.162151530606062&type=3
(unfortunately there aren't many if any images of that book :( )




This sounds exciting :D
ReplyDeleteYou'll have to let me know when it'll be up.
xx
I will! The exhibition will be some time in May :) xx
Delete