I have been making plans to formulate my acetate slides - I want to form pieces that show the remembrance of death and create a sense of contained memory.
Hauntingly beautiful projections that look at the remains of lives - even like a footprint but more like a trance.
I have worked out the sorts of pieces I want to create - I think I will book some days off soon to take some photographs that I can work from. I want photos from Birmingham, Bescot Stadium, Walsall and surrounding areas where I live - I want to look at the remains of buildings and landscapes that can be layered with fragments human parts and parts of materials. These will be projected onto walls (hopefully) to show the idea of faintly recalled memory.
I plan to look at artists such as Fredrick Sommer and Pipilotti Rist, and many others.
The OHP projections will be the main focus but I will also include a small book that relates and reflects the idea of Death as well as memory of the lives and workers so were in the Coffin Works factory.
No comments:
Post a Comment